Today we’ve got a lovely feature to share, this beautiful vintage New Year’s Eve DIY wedding in Austin, Texas, from Nikk Nguyen Photo. With a staggering amount of handcrafted and DIY elements, this joyful NYE wedding captured the spirit of the couple, and the love and support of the friends and family around them.
From the bride:
Our ultimate goal with our wedding was to make it reflect us and our relationship as much as possible. That’s what led us to building and creating a lot of the décor ourselves. We used the wedding as a way to facilitate creativity within ourselves and using it as a reason to spend quality time with our families. Wyatt’s family (particularly his mother) helped on almost all DIY projects and in the end made mine and her relationship so much stronger.
DIY projects for the day:
- Wood lanterns
- Wine bottle centerpieces
- Barn doors with “Grow old together with me, the best is yet to be” sign over it
- Coffee bar décor
- Cake and dessert stands
- Wood circles depicting table numbers and desert names
- Eucalyptus (greenery) arrangements on chairs down aisle, on the waterfall, and spread out throughout the rest of the areas
- Ladder with mason jars
- Signs on kegs (512 IPA and Lonestar)
- ALL signage (Welcome, Schedule, Guest book, arrows, “Mr & Mrs”, etc.)
- Seating arrangement window
- Hangers used for bride dress and bridesmaid dresses
- Mugs with “Bride” and “Groom” on them
- “Eason” window on the back of barn doors
- Wood burned “E” on Wyatt and my table
- Home brew beers
We live our lives together as a partnership. We give as much as we take. We always consider each other in all decisions and emotions. We live to make the ourselves better and to inspire growth and love within each other.
Click the images below to see more details from this beautiful vintage New Year’s Eve DIY wedding!
Flower Girl Dresses: Sweet Valentina // Floral Designer: The Faux Bouquets // Veils and headpieces: The Honeycomb Shop // Hair Stylist: Whitney Alexis // Reception Venue: House on the Hill // T uxedo and Mens Attire: Royal Tuxedo // Bridesmaid Store: RenzRags // Dress Store: Second Summer Bride // Dress Designer: Eddy K Italia // Event Planner: Blue Moon Events // Caterer: Green Mesquite // Makeup Artist: See Kate Create // Photographer: Nikk Nguyen Photo //